Bormio Bike, the ultimate gravity park in Bormio (Lombardia, Italy), will officially open from July 2, 2016.
The bike park of Bormio is an amibitious project led by Società Impianti Bormio s.p.a., born in the spring of 2012, with one great goal: developing an equipped bike arena with trails of different disciplines such as cross country, downhill and freeride for all levels, from beginner to pro.
From 2012 up to today the evolution and growth of the park have been exponential: on the mountain five new downhill trails were built for a total of 8 km. The bike park has also hosted two rounds of the National Circuit Gravitalia in 2014 and 2015.
A gravity park in Bormio for everyone
Bormio Bike’s mission is to get mountain biking closer and more accessible to people offering a wide range of itineraries. Our focus is not about one specific discipline of mountain biking but we want to embrace more disciplines for riders of every level.
The bike park is open everyday and mainly served by two lifts: the cableway Bormio-Bormio 2000 and the cablecar Bormio 2000-Cima Bianca.
Bormio Bike is the ultimate gravity park because:
- it has a wide range of itineraries: 5 downhill trails, 1 freeride trail and over 50 km of suggested cross country trails;
- it has an unbelievable vertical drop: biking along a 1,800-m nosedive is not something you can do everyday (from 3,012 m – Cima Bianca to 1,225 m – Bormio);
- it has a bike rental where you can rent a bike for the whole day and/or get qualified assistance.
The 2016 news of the gravity park
The Bormio Bike’s project is constantly evolving since 2012. News and updates are a constant with us. 2016 will have one great news but the time to reveal it has not quite arrived yet… Follow the social platforms of Bormio Bike to keep updated.
Here is where you can find Bormio Bike:
- Bormio Bike Park on Facebook
- @BormioBikePark on Twitter
- bormiobikepark on Instagram
- on YouTube you can find us on the Bormio Ski channel
For now, we can only tell you one hot news (already communicated by Gravitalia): on June 25/26, 2016, Bormio Bike will host the Round #3 of Circuito Nazionale Gravitalia with a special dh track designed for the event.
Openings and prices of Bormio Bike
The gravity park of Bormio will be open to public everyday from Saturday July 2, 2016 to Sunday September 4, 2016.
Bike pass prices 2016:
- morning/afternoon: full € 20.00 – reduced € 16.00
- 1 day: full € 24.00 – reduced € 19.00
- 2 days: full € 38.00 – reduced € 30.00
- 3 days: full € 48.00 – reduced € 39.00
reduced: children born in 2001 or younger and adults born in 1952 or older
FEBRUARY 17, 2016
by Fabio Giacomelli[:]